Saturday October 12, 1957
US date format: 10/12/1957, UK date format: 12/10/1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 12, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clémentine Célarié and Rémi Laurent.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Quiet Flows the Don, directed by Sergey Gerasimov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of October 12, 1957?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- See more
- Mask & Gown closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 39 performances
- Simply Heavenly closes at Playhouse Theater NYC after 62 performances
- Canadian Prime Minister Lester Bowles Pearson wins Nobel Peace Prize
- First commercial flight between California and Antarctica.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957?
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?