Thursday 12 September 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Graeff and David Broder.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1929 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Tom Graeff: American film director primarily of independent movies, he is perhaps best remembered for the cult film, “Teenagers from Outer Space” released by Warner Brothers in 1959.
- David Broder: American journalist (Born 1929).
- Harvey Lester Schmidt: Composer.
- Harvey Schmidt: American composer for musical theatre and illustrator.
- Rainis : Latvian poet and playwright (Born 1865).