Friday 12 October 1928US date format: 10/12/1928, UK date format: 12/10/1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Wright Young and Thomas Burnett Swann.
Show People, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1928 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- David Wright Young
- Thomas Burnett Swann: Sci-fi Author (Day of Minotaur), dies at 47.
- Al Held: United States -- Painter / sculptor (hard edge-style).
- Nando Gazzolo: Italian actor and voice actor, the son of the actor and voice actor Lauro Gazzolo and EIAR radio announcer Aida Ottaviani.
- Rangel Valchanov: Bulgarian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- An iron lung respirator is used for the first time at Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.