Friday 12 October 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Wright Young and Thomas Burnett Swann.
Kriemhild's Revenge, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1928 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- David Wright Young
- Thomas Burnett Swann: Sci-fi Author (Day of Minotaur), dies at 47.
- Al Held: United States -- Painter / sculptor (hard edge-style).
- Domna Samiou: Greek singer and musicologist (d. 2012).
- Rangel Valchanov: Bulgarian actor director and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Maurice Voron
- Nando Gazzolo: Italian actor and voice actor, the son of the actor and voice actor Lauro Gazzolo and EIAR radio announcer Aida Ottaviani.
- An iron lung respirator is used for the first time at Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?