Tuesday 13 August 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Yellen .
Black Beauty, directed by Max Nosseck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1946 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Janet Yellen: American economist and professor who is the Vice Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Britain transfers illegal immigrants bound to Palestine, to Cyprus.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark) - South America, Take it Away
- Blue Skies - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Art Lund)
- Andy Russell - Pretending
- To Each His Own - Modernaires & Paula Kelly
- Give Me Five Minutes More - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra