Tuesday 13 August 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Yellen .
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1946 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Janet Yellen: American economist and professor who is the Vice Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Britain transfers illegal immigrants bound to Palestine, to Cyprus.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- To Each His Own - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?