Monday 13 December 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Erskine and George Rhoden.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Why Do Ya Roll Those Eyes? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Whispering Jack Smith