Friday 13 December 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morris Day and Steve Buscemi.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, Mr. Porter!, directed by Marcel Varnel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while No Down Payment by John McPartland was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1957 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?