Thursday August 13, 1953
US date format: 8/13/1953, UK date format: 13/8/1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ron (singer) and Pippa Bartolotti.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while This I Believe by Edward R. Murrow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 13, 1953?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- See more
- 4-5 million French go on strike against economizations
- US President Dwight Eisenhower establishes Government Contract Compliance Committee.
- Four million workers go on strike in France to protest against austerity measures.
- Dmitri Arakishvili: Composer, dies at 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 13, 1953?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 13If August 13, 1953 is your birthday you're 66 years, 11 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free