Tuesday 5 June 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include June Gable and Anthony Braxton.
Conflict, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1945 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- June Gable
- Anthony Braxton: Musician.
- Klaus Wyborny: Actor (Klammer auf Klammer Zu).
- Don Reid in Virginia: USA; country singer (Statler Bros - "Flowers on the Wall").
- Gordon Waller: Musician.
- Chip Coulter: American baseball player, a swith hitting/right throwing second baseman who played six games with the St.Louis Cardinals in September and October 1968.
- John Carlos: Track star (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist); gave black power salute.
- André Lacroix: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach.
- Patrick Head: English F1 technical director and team co-owner (WilliamsF1).
- Opera Peter Grimes of Benjamin Britten, premieres in London
- USA, UK, USSR, France declare supreme authority over Germany
- The European Advisory Committee announces the unconditional political capitulation of Germany. Control of the country is divided into four occupation zones, controlled by the United States, Great Britain, France, and the Soviet Union.
- The Allied Control Council, the military occupation governing body of Germany, formally takes power.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- The More I See You - Dick Haymes