Tuesday 14 April 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rod Steiger and Charles Melchior.
Locked Out, directed by Joan Sekler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1925 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Rod Steiger: American actor and soldier (d. 2002).
- Rod Steiger in West Hampton: New York, USA; actor (Illustrated Man, Pawnbroker, Chosen).
- Charles Melchior: Thionville Military man.
- Gene Ammons: American jazz saxophonist (Born 1925).
- William Lucas: English actor.
- Abel Muzorewa: Zimbabwean minister and politician 1st Prime Minister of Zimbabwe Rhodesia (d. 2010).
- 1st regular-season Cubs game to be broadcast on radio (WGN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the End of the Road - Lewis James
- Why Couldn't it be Poor Little Me? - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band