Tuesday 14 August 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Christophe Cambadélis and Peter Blegvad.
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while We Barrymores by Lionel Barrymore and Cameron Shipp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1951 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Jean-Christophe Cambadélis: French politician who has been First Secretary of the French Socialist Party since April 2014.
- Peter Blegvad: American singer-songwriter guitarist and illustrator (Slapp Happy and The Lodge).
- Slim Dunlap: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Replacements).
- Norbert Hofmann: German footballer and manager.
- William Randolph Hearst: newspaper publisher, dies in Beverly Hills, California, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?