Thursday 16 August 1951US date format: 8/16/1951, UK date format: 16/8/1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 16, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hunt and Jean-Louis Normandin.
Criminal Lawyer, directed by Seymour Friedman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Troubled Air by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Manhunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1951 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Richard Hunt: American puppeteer (d. 1992).
- Jean-Louis Normandin: French hostage in Lebanon, 36, a...
- Umaru Yar'Adua: Nigerian businessman and politician 13th...
- Louis Jouvet: French theater director, producer,...
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?