Tuesday 21 August 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernhard Germeshausen in German Democratic Republic bobsled (Olympic-gold-1976 and Harry Smith in Indiana.
Flying Leathernecks, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1951 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Bernhard Germeshausen in German Democratic Republic bobsled (Olympic-gold-1976: 1980).
- Harry Smith in Indiana: USA; TV host (CBS Morning Show).
- Eric Goles: Chilean mathematician and computer scientist.
- Margo Kane: Canadian actress and playwright.
- Char Margolis: American psychic medium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?