Saturday 14 January 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Amadee and Helmut Degen.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1911 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- George Amadee: Tremblay composer.
- Helmut Degen: composer.
- Norman 'Sailor Jerry' Collins: Tattoo artist (d. 1973).
- Anatoly Rybakov: Russian-American author (d. 1998).
- Roald Amundsen's South Pole expedition makes landfall on the eastern edge of the Ross Ice Shelf.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?