Thursday 14 March 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Janin and John Hoeven.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
The Strange One, directed by Jack Garfein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Parallel by Martin Russ was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Railway Children.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1957 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- John Hoeven: Politician.
- Christine Janin: Italian medical doctor and mountaineer, the first woman in the world to reach the North Pole by ski in 1997, taking 62 days.
- Steve Lake: American baseball player.
- Jean van de Velde: Dutch director and screenwriter.
- Tad Williams: American author.
- Evagoras Pallikarides: Greek-Cypriot freedom fighter (Born 1938).
- Indonesian government of Sastroamidjojo resigns.
- President Sukarno declares martial law in Indonesia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?