Monday 14 January 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vikram Pandit and Steve Jordan (musician).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Testimony Of The Spade by Geoffrey Bibby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 January 1957 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Vikram Pandit
- Steve Jordan (musician)
- Laurence Dorléac: French art historian specializing in contemporary art, professor, curator and author.
- Steve Jordan: Drummer.
- Suzanne Danielle: English actress.
- Anchee Min: Chinese-American painter photographer and author.
- Humphrey Bogart: American actor of great notability who won the Best Actor Oscar for his role in "The African Queen," 1951.
- Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj was named fifth Jagadguru (world teacher) after giving seven days of speeches before 500 Hindu scholars.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?