Monday 29 July 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Huchon and Bill Forsyth.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1946 ?
- Jean-Paul Huchon: French civil administrator and politician.
- Bill Forsyth: Scottish-British-American filmmaker and director who started in 1963 with only $10,000 and a volunteer group of friends to produce in three short weeks, on 16mm, a witty story of teen-bungled heist, "That Sinking Feeling.
- Neal Doughty: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (REO Speedwagon).
- Alessandro Gogna: Italian mountaineer and adventurer.
- Ximena Armas: Chilean painter.
- Aleksei Tammiste: Estonian basketball player.
- Diane Keen: English actress.
- Stig Blomqvist: Swedish race car driver.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- South America, Take It Away - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra