Monday 29 July 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Huchon and Bill Forsyth.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 July 1946 ?
- Jean-Paul Huchon: French civil administrator and politician.
- Bill Forsyth: Scottish-British-American filmmaker and director who started in 1963 with only $10,000 and a volunteer group of friends to produce in three short weeks, on 16mm, a witty story of teen-bungled heist, "That Sinking Feeling.
- Stig Blomqvist: Swedish race car driver.
- Neal Doughty: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (REO Speedwagon).
- Alessandro Gogna: Italian mountaineer and adventurer.
- Diane Keen: English actress.
- Aleksei Tammiste: Estonian basketball player.
- Ximena Armas: Chilean painter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?