Saturday 14 January 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Etienne Daho and Étienne Daho.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Charleys Tante, directed by Hans Quest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1956 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Etienne Daho: French singer and songwriter.
- Rosina Lippi-Green (Rosina Lippi: Sara Donati), U.S.
- Étienne Daho: Algerian-born French singer.
- Ben Heppner: Canadian tenor.
- Rosina Lippi: American linguist and author.
- Siegfried F Nadel: Australian/British anthropologist (Nuba), dies at age 52.
- Little Richard releases "Tutti Frutti".
- Jordan government refuses to join Pact of Baghdad.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?