Monday 14 January 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucille Wheeler and Sid Sheinberg.
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1935 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Lucille Wheeler: Canadian alpine skier.
- Sid Sheinberg: American entertainment executive, married to actress Lorraine Gary, and also known for discovering Steven Spielberg.
- Marjorie Weinzweig: Canadian/american professor of philosophy and author.
- Oil pipeline Iraq-Mediterranean goes into use.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?