Thursday 14 July 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Scholl and Richard Rust.
The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ann and Harold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1938 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Bob Scholl: Rocker (Mellow Kings).
- Richard Rust: American actor (d. 1994).
- Alberto Colussi: Italian executive, the director general of a major Italian corporation.
- Jerry Rubin: American anti-war political activist of the turbulent '60s, a long-haired, bearded, vegetarian Yippie leader, radical member of the Chicago Seven, who urged his countrymen to "never trust anyone over 30.
- Tommy Vig: Hungarian vibraphone player drummer and composer.
- Mussolini publishes anti-Jewish / African manifest
- Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91-hour airplane flight around the world.
- Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91 hour airplane flight around the world.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?