Saturday 30 July 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Habib Ben Yahia and Hervé de Charette.
Letter of Introduction, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 July 1938 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Habib Ben Yahia
- Hervé de Charette: French politician French Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Daniel Hechter: French fashion designer coming from a family line of fashion designers.
- Franz Ernst: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for his work.
- Kate Næss: Norwegian poet and translator.
- Terry O'Neill: English photographer.
- Vayachselav Ivanenko: USSR -- 50K walker (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Herve de Charette: French politician.
- Gen Metaxas names himself Premier of Greece
- The first ever issue of ''The Beano'' is published.
- August ndash In the face of overwhelming Japanese military pressure, Chiang Kai-shek withdraws his government to Chungking.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?