Friday 14 July 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy McCool and Patrice Courvalin.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1944 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Billy McCool: American baseball player.
- Patrice Courvalin: French geneticist and biochemist, a professor at the Institut Pasteur where he directs the French National Reference Center for Antibiotics and is the Head of the Antibacterial Agents Unit since 1983.
- Attempt to liberate prisoners in Amsterdam fails, John Post arrested
- US assault on Coutances Cotentin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?