Sunday 30 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teresa Cahill and Betty Mars.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1944 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Teresa Cahill: Opera singer.
- Betty Mars: French singer and actress, best known for her participation in the 1972 Eurovision Song Contest.
- Gerry Birrell: Scottish race car driver (d. 1973).
- Peter Bottomley: English politician.
- Frances de la Tour: Actress (Bejeweled, Wombling Free).
- Heavy battles at Tessy-sur-Vire and Villebaudon Normandy
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?