Sunday 30 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frances de La Tour and Betty Mars.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1944
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 30 July 1944. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1944 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Frances de La Tour
- Betty Mars: French singer and actress, best known for her participation in the 1972 Eurovision Song Contest.
- Teresa Cahill: Opera singer.
- Gerry Birrell: Scottish race car driver (d. 1973).
- Peter Bottomley: English politician.
- Frances de la Tour: Actress (Bejeweled, Wombling Free).
- Heavy battles at Tessy-sur-Vire and Villebaudon Normandy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- His Rocking Horse Ran Away - Betty Hutton
- Time Waits for No One - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Merry Macs - Pretty Kitty Blue Eyes