Tuesday 11 July 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Hudson and Bill Boggs in Philadelphia.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1944 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Lou Hudson: American basketball player, 1966.
- Bill Boggs in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; TV host/producer (Midday, Morton Downey Jr Show).
- Peter de Savary: English financier / multi-millionaire.
- Myra Gale Brown: former wife of cousin, Jerry Lee Lewis.
- Patricia Polacco: Children's Author.
- Michael Levy: Baron Levy English philanthropist.
- Wolfgang Redlich: German major / pilot, dies in battle.
- 12th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-1 at Forbes Field, Pittsburgh
- FDR says he would run for a 4th term
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?