Sunday 23 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judith A Bosch and Dino Danelli.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1944 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Judith A Bosch: Dutch radio / TV-hostess (Tweekamp, Zeskamp).
- Dino Danelli: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Rock drummer (Fotomaker, Young Rascals).
- Maria Pires: Portuguese pianist.
- Chicago Cubs Bill Nicholson hits 4 HRs in a doubleheader
- Conference of Bretton Woods signed; IMF operations begin
- Soviet Army marches into Lublin Poland
- US troops occupy Pisa Italy
- US forces invade Japanese-held Tinian in WW II.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 July 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?