Sunday 23 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucky Blondo and Mandy Miller.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1944 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Lucky Blondo
- Mandy Miller
- Maria João Pires
- Judith A Bosch: Dutch radio / TV-hostess (Tweekamp, Zeskamp).
- Dino Danelli: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Rock drummer (Fotomaker, Young Rascals).
- Maria Pires: Portuguese pianist.
- Chicago Cubs Bill Nicholson hits 4 HRs in a doubleheader
- Conference of Bretton Woods signed; IMF operations begin
- Soviet Army marches into Lublin Poland
- US troops occupy Pisa Italy
- US forces invade Japanese-held Tinian in WW II.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?