Tuesday 25 July 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Besse and Helga I "Mijanou" van Baarzel.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1944 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- François Besse: French criminal, a thief and hold-up gangster.
- Helga I "Mijanou" van Baarzel: Dutch actress (Klaverweide-Alicia).
- Molly Bennett Aiken: Founder (riding for the handicapped).
- Tom Dawes: Rocker.
- Didier Couécou: French football (soccer) player who played striker.
- John LaCorte: American astrologer and professor at Cal State Dominguez, he sponsored ISAR conferences.
- Fred Scherman: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Detroit Tigers (1969-1973), Houston Astros (1974-1975) and Montreal Expos (1975-1976).
- Didier Couecou
- Sally Beauman: English journalist and author.
- 1st jet fighter used in combat (Messerschmitt 262)
- US troop march into Guam
- (0938 hours) In France, Operation Cobra begins, with eight squadrons of the US 8th Air Force bombers attacking an area south of the St.L?-PTriers highway, in preparation for a breakout operation by the US 1st Army. 1500 heavy bombers, 380 medium bombers, and 550 fighter-bombers drop 4000 tons of bombs and napalm. Short bombing kills 111 Americans, and injures 490. The operation is incredibly effective.
- World War II: Operation Spring : one of the bloodiest days for the First Canadian Army during the war: 1,500 casualties, including 500 killed.
- WWII ampndash Operation Spring: One of the bloodiest days for Canadians during the war results in 1,550 casualties, including 450 killed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?