Sunday 9 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrice Dard and Judith Brown.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1944 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Patrice Dard: French writer, known for his screenplays for television and his cookbooks.
- Judith Brown: Indian-English historian and academic.
- John Cunniff: American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2002).
- In World War II, US troops secure Saipan as Japan fell
- U-740 sinks
- World War II: Battle of Saipan : American forces take Saipan in the Mariana Islands.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?