Saturday 14 March 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Lutens and John Whittaker.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1942!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 March 1942 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Serge Lutens: French photographer, filmmaker, hair stylist, perfume art-director and fashion designer.
- John Whittaker: English real estate developer (Peel Holdings).
- Jerry Jeff Walker in Oneonta: New York, USA; country singer ("Mr Bojangles").
- Rita Tushingham: English actress.
- Emin Çölaşan: Turkish journalist.
- Orvan Hess and John Bumstead became the first in the world to successfully treat a patient, Anne Miller, using penicillin.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?