Wednesday 14 March 1928US date format: 3/14/1928, UK date format: 14/3/1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Boudet and Frank Borman.
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1928 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Alain Boudet: French director, who directed 82 TV films for French television from 1960 to 1980.
- Frank Borman: American astronaut who was a USAF fighter pilot from 1951-1953, Assistant Professor of Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics at West Point from 1957-1960 and a Test pilot at the USAF Aerospace School from 1960-1962.
- Frank Borman in Gary: Indiana, USA; astronaut (Gemini 7, Apollo 8), CEO (Eastern Airlines).
- Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente: Spanish populariser environmentalist (d. 1980).
- Félix de la Fuente: Spanish environmentalist (d. 1980).