Thursday 22 March 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Macauley and DC Ingman.
The Patsy, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1928 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Ed Macauley: American basketball player coach and priest (d. 2011).
- DC Ingman: CEO (British Waterways Board).
- Dmitri Antonovitch Volkogonov: Soldier / historian.
- Bill Archer American politician (Representative-Republican-Texas: 1971-).
- Betty Callaway: Figure skating trainer.
- Edward Hennessey: American executive and CEO in charge of Allied Signal.
- Carrie Donovan: American fashion editor (d. 2001).
- E Hirsch: American author critic and academic.
- ED Hirsch: American social commentator.