Thursday 22 March 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Callaway and DC Ingman.
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1928 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Betty Callaway: Figure skating trainer.
- DC Ingman: CEO (British Waterways Board).
- Dmitri Antonovitch Volkogonov: Soldier / historian.
- Bill Archer American politician (Representative-Republican-Texas: 1971-).
- ED Hirsch: American social commentator.
- Edward Hennessey: American executive and CEO in charge of Allied Signal. Hennessey pursued finance, accounting, production and manufacturing, with a BS from Fairleigh Dickinson. He is noted as a demanding boss with long-term goals.
- Carrie Donovan: American fashion editor (d. 2001)
- E Hirsch: American author critic and academic
- Ed Macauley: American basketball player coach and priest (d. 2011)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?