Tuesday 27 March 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Applegate American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio and Jean Dotto.
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1928 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Douglas Applegate American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio: 1977-).
- Jean Dotto: French racing cyclist, the first to win the 'Vuelta a España.
- Theodora Van Runkle: American costume designer for movies, an Oscar-winner.
- Radomir Konstantinović: Serbian philosopher and author (d. 2011).
- Reg Evans: Welsh-Australian actor (d. 2009).
- Antonín Tučapský: Czech-English composer and educator
- Leslie Stuart: Composer, dies at 64.
- KGB-AM in San Diego CA begins radio transmissions
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Roger Turner
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Maribel Vinson.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?