Tuesday 27 March 1928US date format: 3/27/1928, UK date format: 27/3/1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Theadora Van Runkle and Jean Dotto.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1928 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Theadora Van Runkle
- Jean Dotto: French racing cyclist, the first to win the 'Vuelta a España.
- Theodora Van Runkle: American costume designer for movies, an Oscar-winner.
- Douglas Applegate American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio: 1977-).
- Reg Evans: Welsh-Australian actor (d. 2009).
- Antonín Tučapský: Czech-English composer and educator.
- Radomir Konstantinović: Serbian philosopher and author (d. 2011).
- Leslie Stuart: Composer, dies at 64.
- KGB-AM in San Diego CA begins radio transmissions
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Roger Turner
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Maribel Vinson.