Friday 16 March 1928US date format: 3/16/1928, UK date format: 16/3/1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karlheinz Böhm and Jacques Seiler.
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1928 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Karlheinz Böhm: German-Austrian actor (d. 2014).
- Jacques Seiler
- Wakanohana Kanji I: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010).
- Karl Boehm: German actor and noted family member, the son of conductor Karl Boehm.
- Ramon Barce: Composer.
- Wakanohana Kanji: Japanese sumo wrestler the 45th Yokozuna (d. 2010).
- Christa Ludwig: German soprano and actress.
- Karlheinz Bohm: Austrian actor.
- Christa Ludwig in Berlin: Germany; soprano (Vienna State Opera).