Monday 19 March 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick McGoohan and Hans Küng.
The Trail of '98, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1928 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Patrick McGoohan: American-born British actor who was best known for his highly successful TV series roles in "The Prisoner" playing a NATO agent, "Secret Agent," 1961-1965 and "The Prisoner," a 1968 series that ran for 17 weeks.
- Hans Küng: Swiss theologian and author.
- Marceline Loridan-Ivens
- David Lumsden: English organist and conductor.
- Patrick McGoohan in Astoria: New York, USA; actor (Number 6 - The Prisoner, Secret Agent).
- Amos & Andy debuts on radio (NBC Blue Network-WMAQ Chicago)
- Amos and Andy debuts on radio (NBC Blue Network-WMAQ Chicago).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?