Saturday 24 March 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Byron Janis and Christian Poncelet.
The Patsy, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 March 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1928 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Byron Janis: American musician, an internationally acclaimed concert pianist known for his ability to communicate emotion without sacrificing technical mastery.
- Christian Poncelet: French conservative politician, a member of President Nicolas Sarkozy's Union for a Popular Movement (UMP).
- Vanessa Brown: Vienna, Austria -- Actress (My Favorite Husband).
- Byron "Yanks" Janis in McKeesport: Pennsylvania, USA; pianist (NBC Symphony Orchestra).
- Michel Saudreau: French Catholic clergyman, who was the head bishop of Le Havre from 1974 to 2003.