Sunday 12 January 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Delannoy and Ben Seijes.
The Last Cartridge, an Incident of the Sepoy Rebellion in India, directed by Unknown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1908 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Jean Delannoy: French actor, film editor, screenwriter and film director.
- Ben Seijes: Dutch historian (WWII).
- Clement Hurd: American illustrator (d. 1988).
- A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time.