Monday 14 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Che Guevara and René Thomas.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1928 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Che Guevara: Argentinean revolutionary who led guerrilla groups with the aid of Fidel Castro in their attempt to spread communism in South America and Africa.
- René Thomas
- Jack Ralite: Chélons sur Marne Politician.
- Pierre Guy: Bazouges EXecutives.
- : American singer (The Coasters and The Cadets) (d. 2000).
- Will ''Dub'' Jones: American singer (The Coasters) (d. 2000).
- Brian Macdonald: Canadian dancer and choreographer (d. 2014).
- Frederik Kreuger: Dutch engineer author and academic (d. 2015).
- Frederik H Kreuger: Dutch scientist and inventor.
- Rene Thomas: Belgian geneticist who was awarded the Franqui Prize in 1975.
- John McGraw is knocked down by a taxicab and suffers a broken leg