Monday 14 May 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Will ''Dub'' Jones and Frederik H Kreuger.
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1928 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Will ''Dub'' Jones: American singer (The Coasters) (d. 2000).
- Frederik H Kreuger: Dutch scientist and inventor.
- Che Guevara: Argentinean revolutionary who led guerrilla groups with the aid of Fidel Castro in their attempt to spread communism in South America and Africa.
- Rene Thomas: Belgian geneticist who was awarded the Franqui Prize in 1975.
- Jack Ralite: Chélons sur Marne Politician.
- Pierre Guy: Bazouges EXecutives
- : American singer (The Coasters and The Cadets) (d. 2000)
- Frederik Kreuger: Dutch engineer author and academic (d. 2015)
- Brian Macdonald: Canadian dancer and choreographer (d. 2014)
- John McGraw is knocked down by a taxicab and suffers a broken leg
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?