Sunday 14 October 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Wright and Alexandre Millon.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Guestward Ho! by Patrick Dennis and Barbara Hooton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Douglas Wright: New Zealander dancer and choreographer, founder of the Douglas Wright Dance Company that has toured throughout New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
- Alexandre Millon
- Patrick Weil
- Beth Daniel: American golfer and sportscaster.
- Chris Bangle: Designer.
- Arleen Sorkin: American actress producer and screenwriter.
- Jennell Jaquays: American game designer.
- Beth Daniel in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; LPGA golfer (1980 player of the year).
- Ümit Besen: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Arkansas Golf Open
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- The RAF retires its last Lancaster bomber.
- Fidel Castro and Che Guevara depart from Tuxpan, Veracruz, Mexico, enroute to Santiago de Cuba aboard the yacht ''Granma'' with 82 men.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?