Tuesday October 14, 1913
US date format: 10/14/1913, UK date format: 14/10/1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 14, 1913). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jacobo Arbenz .
The Winner, directed by Alex Cox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 14, 1913?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- See more
- Explosion in coal mine at Cardiff kills 439
- Senghenydd Colliery Disaster, the United Kingdom's worst coal mining accident, occurs, and it claims the lives of 439 miners.
- An explosion at the Universal Colliery, Senghenydd in South Wales kills 439 miners, the worst mining accident in the United Kingdom.
- Jacobo Arbenz: Colonel Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán, nicknamed...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 14, 1913?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & American Quartet - On the Banks of the Wabash
- Heidelberg Quintet - You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby
- Harry Macdonough - There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland (with a Heart That Belongs to Me)