Wednesday 15 February 1956US date format: 2/15/1956, UK date format: 15/2/1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 15, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hilda Beatriz "Hildita" Guevara and Hitoshi Ogawa.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Jumping for Joy, directed by John Paddy Carstairs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1956 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Hilda Beatriz "Hildita" Guevara: Cuba -- Daughter of "Che" Guevara.
- Hitoshi Ogawa: Japanese racing driver (d. 1992).
- Hilda Guevara Gadea: First daughter of Ernesto "Che" Guevara,...
- Desmond Haynes: Barbadian cricketer and coach.
- Vincent de Moro-Giafferi: French lawyer and politician (d. 1956).
- Urho Kekkonen is appointed President of Finland.
- Pittsburgh Pirates and Kansas City Athletics cancel an exhibition game in Birmingham, Alabama, because of local ordinance barring blacks from playing against whites.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?