Wednesday 15 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Iacocca and Colin Romoff in New York City.
Black Magic, directed by Ho Meng-hua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1924 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lee Iacocca: American self-made man who worked his way up to the presidency of the Ford Motor Co.
- Colin Romoff in New York City: New York, USA; orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Nigel Green: South Africa -- Actor (Skull, Tobruk, Ipcress File).
- Marguerite Andersen: German-Canadian author and educator.
- Henry Sy: Businessman.
- Frank McDermott: American lawyer and politician (d. 2011).
- Warren Miller: American director and screenwriter.
- Mark Lenard: Actor (Sarek-Star Trek), dies of cancer at 68.
- President Coolidge declares Statue of Liberty a national monument
- The Statue of Liberty is designated a US national monument.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Al Jolson
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare