Wednesday 15 September 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
The Social Network, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Freedom by Jonathan Franzen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boardwalk Empire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney Channel All Star Party or Dood's Big Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2010 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Arrow : Montserratian singer-songwriter (d. 2010).
- Ethiopian forces, supported by Somaliland, kill 123 members of the rebel Ogaden National Liberation Front in the east of the country and surround a further 90 rebels. (BBC)
- At least 12 people die in Pakistan's North Waziristan province as United States drone attacks continue for a second day. (Xinhua)
- Hamas militants fire two Qassam rockets and mortar rounds into Israel from the Gaza Strip. Israeli aircraft then bombed a smuggling tunnel under the Gaza Strip's border with Egypt. (''Haaretz'')
- The Real Irish Republican Army threatens to resume attacks on Mainland Britain including banks. (Al Jazeera)
- US and Iraqi forces raid a neighbourhood in Fallujah resulting in at least six casualties. (AP via ''Miami Herald'')
- Pieces of an ancient necropolis taken from Egypt in 1999 are discovered in an antiques shop in Spain. (BBC)
- United States cartoonist Molly Norris of Seattle, Washington, who developed Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, goes into hiding following a death threat from an Islamist radical. (MSNBC)
- A Chinese survey shows that 91 percent of the population oppose raising retirement age. The retirement age in China is generally set at 60 for men and 50-55 for women. (China Daily)
- Japan intervenes in the foreign exchange market for the first time in six years to reduce the exchange rate for the yen in order to stimulate the Japanese economy. (Reuters)
- News Corporation sells the ''Fiji Times'' to Fijian company Motibhai two weeks before a deadline set by the government of interim Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama. (Radio New Zealand)
- A Chinese fishing boat returns to Quanzhou after being captured by the Japan Coast Guard off the disputed Senkaku Islands. (Xinhua)
- The United States and Russia establish a working group to improve relations between the United States military and Russian military. (RIA Novosti)
- Northern Territory Police call for reinforcements as violence breaks out amongst Australian aborigines in the town of Yuendumu following the death of an indigenous man. (ABC News Australia)
- A presidential run-off election in Guinea is postponed due to lack of preparation. (BBC)
- Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan announces he will contest the presidential election in January 2011. (AP)
- An anti-American protest in Kabul, sparked in part by the 2010 Qur'an-burning controversy, turns violent with five members of the Afghan National Police being injured and two demonstrators being shot. (CNN)
- North Korea's ruling Workers' Party of Korea cancels its largest political convention in thirty years officially due to floods caused by Typhoon Kompasu but sparking speculation about the health of Kim Jong-il. (ABC News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 September 2010
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Milton Keynes Dons - Southampton : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Malo - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Savior - Rise Against
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Air Products’ three nominees won election to the board of Airgas, signaling shareholder support of its takeover bid. [..]
Workers at a Honda manufacturing plant in China have gone on strike against the company. Battling low pay and an increased work load, the young employees hope to improve their frugal lives. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.58
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $79.14
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.70
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.30
- 1 CHF = 6.7161 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5707 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9773 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.323 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?