Monday 16 December 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 16, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norm Dicks and Dimitri van Toren.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Famous Birthdays:16 December
- Billy Hamilton: American baseball player (Born 1866).
- Joe Louis knocks out Al McCoy in six rounds for heavyweight boxing title in Chicago, Illinois.
- British air raid on Mannheim.
- WWII: Operation Abigail Rachel ampndash RAF bombing of Mannheim.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra