Monday December 16, 1901
US date format: 12/16/1901, UK date format: 16/12/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 16, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Mead .
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 16, 1901?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- See more
- Boer general Kritzinger captured
- Margaret Mead: American cultural anthropologist who...
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 16, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - I'll Be with You When the Roses Bloom Again
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid
- Harry Macdonough - The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid