Saturday 16 February 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri-René Garaud and Manning Redwood.
Wild Orchids, directed by Sidney Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 February 1929 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Henri-René Garaud
- Manning Redwood
- Gerhard Hanappi: Austrian footballer and architect (d. 1980).
- Peter Porter: Australian-English poet and educator (d. 2010).
- Peter NF Porter: Australian / British author / poet (Chair of Babel).
- Louis Garaud: French attorney, a specialist in defense law and president of the Légitime Défense association.
- Eugene Delplanque: Belgium sport Champion.
- KID-AM in Idaho Falls ID begins radio transmissions
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?