Wednesday 16 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Boissonnat and Allard Lowenstein.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1929 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jean Boissonnat: French economist and journalist.
- Allard Lowenstein: American author, lawyer, social activist and politician, a tireless political strategist.
- G Hogan: American jazz drummer.
- Tage Nielsen: Composer.
- Stanley Tambiah: Sri Lankan anthropologist and academic (d. 2014).
- Shigeru Kōyama: Japanese actor.
- Francesco Scavullo in Staten Island: New York, USA; celebrity photographer.