Sunday 10 February 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Goldsmith and Bertrand Poirot-Delpech.
The Loves of Casanova, directed by Alexandre Volkoff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 1929 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Jerry Goldsmith: American composer; primarily of musical scores and themes for movies and TV shows, but also of orchestral pieces.
- Bertrand Poirot-Delpech: French journalist, essayist and novelist.
- Jim Whittacker: mountain climber (first American to climb Mount Everest).
- Henk Heidweiler: Surinam ambassador (in Netherlands).
- Joy Baker: American noted family, the only child of Senator Everett Dirksen, who served as the Majority Leader for years.
- Jim Whittaker: American mountaineer.
- Lou Whittaker: American mountaineer.
- Hallgeir Brenden: Norway -- 15K / 18K cross country (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?