Saturday 2 February 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reiner Bredemeyer and Vera Chytilova.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1929 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Reiner Bredemeyer: Composer.
- Vera Chytilova: Czech director.
- Richard Flamson: Los Angeles EXecutives.
- Sheila Allen: American actress and producer (d. 2013).
- George Band: English engineer and mountaineer (d. 2011).
- Věra Chytilová: Czech actress director and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- John Holland: American computer scientist (d. 2015)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?