Friday 22 February 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Hong and Ryne Duren.
Arsenal, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1929 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- James Hong: American actor and director.
- Ryne Duren: American athlete; baseball player and star pitcher for the New York Yankees from 1958-1961 and other teams.
- Bette Judd: American astrologer and President of the West Texas chapter of NCGR.
- Rebecca Schull: American actress.