Wednesday 16 February 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Primus in New York City and John Corigliano in New York City.
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1938 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Barry Primus in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Sergeant McKenna - Cagney and Lacey, Boxcar Bertha).
- John Corigliano in New York City: New York, USA; composer (Fern Hill, Ghosts of Versailles).
- John Corigliano: American composer and academic.
- Barry Primus: American actor director and producer.
- Otto zur Linde: German Author (Lieder of the Leids), dies at 64.
- US Federal Crop Insurance program authorized.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?