Thursday 16 February 1956US date format: 2/16/1956, UK date format: 16/2/1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rina Mor and James Ingram.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Jumping for Joy, directed by John Paddy Carstairs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1956 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Rina Mor
- James Ingram: singer ("On the Wings of Love").
- Rena Messinger: Israeli Beauty Queen who reigned as both...
- Vincent Ward: New Zealand director and screenwriter.
- Only a little more than four months after the release of the 70mm version of ''Oklahoma!'', the film version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's ''Carousel'', starring Gordon MacRae and Shirley Jones, is released in Cinemascope 55. MacRae and Jones had previously starred in ''Oklahoma!'' ''Carousel'', intended for showing in 55mm, ends up being shown only in 35mm.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?