Wednesday 23 February 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Varsi and Diane Varsi in San Mateo.
Child Bride, directed by Harry J. Revier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1938
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1938 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Diane Varsi: American actress who, as a result of a sensational film debut in the super soap, "Peyton Place," 1957, earned an Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Allison MacKenzie.
- Diane Varsi in San Mateo: California, USA; actress (Peyton Place).
- Sylvia Chase in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; newscaster (ABC Weekend News, 20/20).
- Paul Morrissey: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Joe Louis knocks out Nathan Mann in three rounds for heavyweight boxing title.